Discounts & Promotions
Drupal Commerce Core offers us powerful pricing options that store administrators can leverage to the extent of their store needs. Store admins can create very clever and complex pricing scenarios to entice customers and increase sales.
Dicounts and promotions are based on the following:
- Promotion - a pricing strategy to increase/boost customer sales. It can include product-based discounts or discounts on the entire order. An unlimited number of promotions can be added and will be applied based on the weight that you give each promotion. Promotions with a lower weight will be applied first.
- Offer - the actual discount that customers will receive. For example, a "10%" discount.
- Condition - the requirements that need to be met for the promotion to apply. For example, the offer will only apply if the order total is greater than "£100".
- Compatibility - if the promotion can be combined with other promotions.
- Coupon - a promotion that will only apply if the customer adds a matching voucher code during checkout.